The student news site of Central Educational Center

The Times

Health teacher says students are “a-ok”

Mrs.Baker, a teacher at CEC, is a health teacher that adores her students very much and makes sure that they get the best out of their education. Mrs.Baker found herself at CEC, due to her transferring from Newnan High School. Mrs.Baker loves teaching about the health care field, her favorite aspect about teaching at CEC are the teachers and the students, ¨They are just great.¨

Baker moved here from Canada to teach because her husband was transferred, while at the time she was a surgical nurse at the Jackson street hospital. Her favorite activity to do while she isn’t working is walking about an hour three times a week and she also loves yard sales too. Another favorite aspect of Baker´s about CEC is teaching her students and opening their eyes to dive into nursing or to focus in the nursing field.

Some of the jobs that Baker had before she transferred to CEC was being a hospital registered nurse, teaching health care science to both students at Newnan High and adults at West Georgia Tech.

The first thing that Baker thought about when she started working at CEC was that it was a good idea to combine high school students and college, Baker also thought that it was a wonderful opportunity for students to become certified nurses while still in high school. When asked if she got stressed while working, Baker replied ¨I´m never too stressed and I love teaching my students.¨

The kinds of activities that she gives her students are very fun and easy activities that they can do in about one block.

Mrs.Baker loves every aspect about CEC and doesn’t think that there is anything wrong with it. Her students are very nice to her and when they get out of line she “redirects them if needed.” When Baker moved from Canada she thought Georgia was warm and cozy and she “molded into” the U.S. very well. Baker soon found herself interested in the health care elective, because she was a registered nurse so she chose to enlighten other students about the health care field. Here at CEC Baker tells us that she finds ¨God, my family, my fellow teachers, my students, as well as peace.¨