The Times

Filed under Audio, Careers

A Job That is Music To Their Ears

Mr. Keys and Mr. Pat, two teachers at CEC teaching what goes down in the music industry and the production of what we hear today as songs. Mr. Keys specializes on the basic steps of producing music, while Mr Pat teaches recordings and audios.

“ I am really fortunate, because I spend my mornings in the recording studios and then I come here and share everything I know. So that’s kinda special, it’s not like a job, it’s just I get to come here and share my experience.” stated Pat.

The reason why both these teachers came to CEC is because of the window of opportunities. Key’s was very intrigued in the amounts of different classes, while Pat wanted to share his real life situations about the music industry.

“I had taught at Heritage for 20 something years, and when the opportunity came up I immediately was interested”, said Keys.

Both teachers had a similar response to what helped them outside of school, they also agreed on the fact that they had free lance opportunities to help them with their teaching at CEC. They both enjoy that teaching their class on the production of music is their favorite part of the day.

“CEC likes to bring in people in the field, and I get to bring in my 30 years of experience and just share it.”, Pat stated.

Working at CEC is just as stressful as any other school, but with its vast variety of school levels it’s a bit more work than regularly required. From 8th grade to college, these two teachers almost teach it all.

“CEC can be stressful at times, but the only thing I find really stressful would be the paperwork. Once you’re in the classroom it’s easy to teach, but the paperwork is what gets me.”, Keys stated.

Both teachers currently work at different jobs outside of school to help them with their class indirectly and enjoy’s having this as an advantage to help students learn about making of music. Pat works his mornings in a recording studios from 6:30 am to 11 am and Keys works at Musicology, Heritage, and at CEC.

“On a musical level, more types of music you are exposed to, the more it will help with teaching music and music theory.”, insisted Pat.
Mr. Pat and Mr. Keys both are impressed with the variety of classes and the levels of teaching they can offer to the students that take their classes. Stay in tune for more information by coming to CEC for their classes!