The student news site of Central Educational Center

The Times

Project Pediatrician

Emily Vu

Emily Vu

Northgate Senior, Emily Vu, is coming here to the CEC to help shorten her long journey of becoming a pediatrician.

“I really love CEC because of how many class options you have here compared to Northgate.” Last semester Vu took the class Intro to Healthcare, there she started learning the basics of health, she also took economics another of the many classes offered at CEC.  Vu’s favorite task to do in Intro to Healthcare was to work on the dummies as if they were her patients. This semester she is taking Essentials to Healthcare and British Literature. In Essentials to Healthcare Vu has to go to different hospitals and volunteer and help different clients.

Going to Ashley Park, The Avenue, and watching movies are just a few thing she likes to do in her free time. “I usually go to Sephora with my friends to shop and have a good time.”  Vu also plays soccer and basketball with her siblings. She has one brother, Justin, who is 15 years old and one sister, Amanda, who is 16 years old. Once in while  Vu goes and helps her mother, Helen, who owns a nail salon called, Cleopatra Nails. It is at Camp Creek in East Point, Georgia. Although she worked at New Orleans Bay Seafood, her favorite food has to be hot wings. “If I could only have one food left in the world to eat? Yeah that would have to be hot wings!”

Vu’s motto is to live life to its fullest, and her role model is Angelina Jolie. Some other interesting things about Vu is that she is fluent in Vietnamese and her favorite musician is Future. It must be something about those beats that take her to another world. Her favorite movie is Frozen and she loves bunnies, but she prefers dogs over cats.

“I’m either planning on going to the University of West Georgia, Middle Georgia State University, or Kennesaw State University.” Vu wants to become a Pediatrician and be one of many at a doctor’s office. The classes that she is taking now is helping her reach that goal. Another class Vu is taking, but is at Northgate, is Early Childhood Education. This class teaches her what it is like to be a parent and how to care for infants. This is important to Vu’s dream to become a pediatrician because it prepares her for what she is going to expect in a doctor’s office. Vu is staying on track to meet her goal, she has a long road left including eight years of college required to become a pediatrician. Her motivation and confidence and by sticking with her motto she can definitely accomplish her dreams.